Join Our Team
Construction Site Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Site Manager will have an exciting opportunity to be part of the onsite Construction team at Ovation. Ovation is a $1 Billion mixed-use development located at the confluence of the Ohio and Licking Rivers, and is planned to create a thriving, vibrant, new community for the Greater Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky area. Ovation will be the leading-edge development in the urban center, providing Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky with an opportunity to make a lasting and exciting impression on those who live, work, and visit the region, and will assist the region in achieving its goal of greater prominence and prosperity.
The ideal candidate for this role must be a self-starter with experience on large scale ground up construction projects with a desire to be involved with all facets of the project, from design coordination through final punch out and turnover. With support from office staff, this individual will have the responsibility of managing all field operations for assigned projects, including but not limited to the design issues, contractors, utility providers and owner direct subcontractors. It will be the responsibility of the Site Manager to develop and manage project schedules, safety / quality control standards and identify / resolve issues that may arise during construction.
For Sale / For Lease residential will be a major component of the Ovation Development and will be a focus area for this individual. The Site Manager will have the responsibility of providing field supervision efforts, along with supporting the Sales & Leasing team with Purchaser / Lessor questions that arise during construction activities. It will also be the responsibility of this individual to manage the punch list process as units are turned over to the end users.
- Ensure that construction activities move according to agreed schedules.
- Mitigating and reporting all potential delays by monitoring the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and holding / participating in weekly status meetings with all the team members, both internal & external.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary, quality guidelines and safety standards.
- Inspection of construction site to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other applicable regulations.
- Study job specifications to assist with determining appropriate construction methods.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to produce constructability issues and plan coordination problems prior to beginning construction of the project.
- Ability to prevent cost claims by pre-emptive management.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, subcontractors, and clients.
- Assist in negotiating revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Assist in managing the budget, track project expenses and minimize exposure and risk in the project.
- Assist in reviewing progress payment requests submitted by all contractors, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Ensure project documentation and reports are complete.
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- More Than 15 Years of experience and knowledge of Ground Up new construction.
- Construction General Contracting experience as a Superintendent or Onsite Project Manager.
- Mid-Rise / High Rise Multi-Family Construction experience.
- Ability to lead a team effort and keep harmony onsite.
- Strong Communication/Organization skills.
- Engineering or Construction Management degree is preferred.
- Construction / Project Management: 10 years (Required)