Current Available Positions
DESIGN BUILD CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Corporex Development & Construction Management, Erlanger, Kentucky
Corporex is currently seeking a Design Build Construction Manager in our Northern Kentucky office and offering a high growth opportunity for a Construction Manager. This person will preferably have a strong level of Civil Engineering experience and have the ability to lead and direct a full-service Design-Construct-Develop subsidiary program centered on the CirclePort Business Park located along I- 275 and Mineola Pike and Dolwick Drive in Northern Kentucky near the airport. This position will be a management training ground for the successful candidate due to the nature of responsibilities, management of people, multiple processes and activities, involvement in the financial goal setting and securing, and the development and ownership of buildings and properties. Corporex retains ownership of approximately 250 acres of fully developed sites in this “A” location where the activities surrounding the International Airport have given rise to a change of events and the economic environment.
The Design Build Construction Manager will work with the team through all phases of project delivery including assessment of potential sites for economic, regulatory, and technical feasibility. The Design Build Construction Manager will assist the team with planning, on-site project management, and supervision of projects being performed.
Overall responsibility for technical discipline tasks including due diligence research, reports, design, specification, conceptual estimates, plan preparation and presentation with an in-depth understanding of construction procedures, material and design build project management principles.
- Review of all due diligence related items including property surveys, title, zoning, land use, building codes, geo-technical and environmental reports.
- Research and understand site entitlements, regulatory requirements and assist with implementation into the project.
- Coordinate/Develop preliminary concept drawings and engineered site plans.
- Preparation and Management of project budgets including, estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, safety, and proposal preparation as well as provide value engineering
- Preparation and management of project timelines including governmental approvals and sequencing of events from initial site plan submittal to obtaining all entitlements, submitting for and obtaining building permits and obtaining certificate of occupancy.
- Representing the Owner at municipality, engineering or neighborhood meetings and throughout the entitlement processes.
- Direct the construction bidding processes and construction contracts and help to ensure an accurate and complete project estimate
- Review and processing of project related monthly invoices, billing and pay applications.
- Meet project budgets, oversight of construction projects including onsite meetings, weekly reports, requests for information, change orders, budget and schedule tracking.
- Direct superintendents, subcontractors, and suppliers on schedule driven projects
- Commit to quality by evaluating project-related processes and meet/exceed internal and external owner/client expectations
- Advanced knowledge of all phases and documents required for turnkey design build projects for multiple product types
- Understanding of multiple building and site disciplines including Civil, Architectural, Structural, MEP, Landscaping
- Understanding of zoning ordinance and building code requirements for site plan design and project drawing review
- Working knowledge of online resources for gathering zoning, code and GIS information on specific sites
- Experience planning sites; including topographic design; in a cost effective manner.
- Advanced knowledge of permitting, budgeting, scheduling and project management
- Experience Maintaining project communications including submittals, RFI’s, cost proposals and change requests
- Experience managing/working with superintendents, subcontractors, and suppliers on schedule driven projects
- Must have strong conceptual abilities; able to prepare thorough estimates with less than complete documents and details
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Self-starter with a high internal work ethic
- Effective technical writing and communication skills
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to fast-paced environment
- Able to plan, prioritize, and effectively deal with multiple tasks of varying urgency
- A personal commitment to excellence and desire to grow within the company
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Legal authorization to work in the United States (without the need for sponsorship)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Proven Design Build project management experience required (10+ years)
- Strong Conceptual Estimating Abilities
- Experience with site balancing, drainage and utility design work
- Experience negotiating “owner” contracts and the buy-out
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, PDF Editing/Markup (Bluebeam/Acrobat) and the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Cost Reporting
- Progress Billing
- Proposal Writing
- Problem Solving
- Construction Processes
- Microsoft Outlook
- Project Management
To be considered for the Design Build Construction Manager position, submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org please put job code CPXCM in email subject line.
At Corporex we embrace a true entrepreneurial spirit where individuals can truly make a difference. We rely on every employee to contribute to the organization at all levels. We are a culture where the work that you do counts and where effort and results are rewarded. We build, develop, and invest based on our passion and commitment to our Core Values: Integrity – Creativity – Excellence – Service – Growth.
We are always looking for qualified candidates. If you would like to submit your resume for future consideration please see contact information below. If a position becomes available for which you are qualified, you will be contacted.
Submit your resume via mail, fax or email to:
Corporex Companies, LLC
ATTN: Career Opportunities
100 E. RiverCenter Blvd., Suite 1100
Covington, KY 41011